Weekend Mass Schedule
Saturday 4:00 PM
Sunday 8:30 AM
Weekday Mass Schedule
Monday 8:00 AM
Wednesday 8:00 AM
Third Friday of the Month 10:00 AM at Liberty Village Nursing Home
Baptism Parents must be registered members and attend a class prior to scheduling the Baptism. Contact the Parish Office for further details.
Marriage Couples planning a marriage need to have a personal interview with the Pastor at least 6 months prior to the date of the wedding.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Outreach Ministry Hours: Monday & Wednesday
9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Confessions will be heard Saturday at 3:30pm or by appointment.
St. John's church information:
Pastor-James P. Henning, O.F.M. Conv.
Deacons: Patrick Comfort and Scott Whitehouse
: emergency cell 309-838-3661
E-mail: [email protected]
Religious education-Sue Neuschwanger
Parish Secretary- Debbie Askins
Bulletin Secretary- Kathie Summers
Parish Trustees- Francis Jackson and Becky Wisher
PPC President- Bill Spencer
Please pray for the following:
Nursing Homes: Millie Frese, Sue Thompson
Prayers for the sick:
Kay Bailey, Connie Brown, Evan Calvert, Susan Cooper, Phyllis Fehr, Jean Fehrenbach, Cornelia Harpenau, Roy Harrold, Bev Hartsock, Mary Hirsch, Penny Lecomte, Steve Lighthall, Mike Mannix, Tina Mannix, Joni Mollet, Melissa Nagy, Bill Sargent, Sharon Stephenson, Cale Wayne, Angie Walden, Rita Williams, Brett Willits, Florence Workman, Charles M. Yeagle, Veronica Zeitler.
Readings for the Week
Mass will once again be held with some restrictions listed under Important Information on this page.
"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit-fruit that will last-and so that whatever you ask in my name the father will give you. Love one another as I have loved you."
Please note that in the Diocese of Peoria, the Solemnity of the Ascension has been permanently transfered to the 7th Sunday of Easter.
Please see the recent bulletin at the top of the home page (May 9, 2021) for more information about this week, as well as readings (see below), and important messages regarding: "St. Isadore", CCD News, and pictures of the Corrigans, from Father Jim.
Bishop Jenky has given permission for public Mass to resume. This is wonderful news but there will be some changes. Listed below are those things we will observe as we reopen our worship space.
1. Please feel free to return ONLY if you are well.
2. When entering the church please follow the guidance of the Ushers/Greeters. You may enter thru the main aisle only.
*seating will only be allowed in "open" pews. Limit of 5 people per pew, families may sit together.
3. As you enter the Church we ask you to please sanitize your hands. The Ushers will have sanitizer available and will put the sanitizer on your hands for you if you need them to do that.
4. Face masks will be available from the Ushers, or you may wear your own. Please do not judge if someone does not choose to wear a mask. Remember in all things charity.
5. Per guidelines issued by Peoria, there will be no Offertory Procession (there will be a collection take up by the Ushers), no Sign of Peace exchange, and no Communion from the Cup.
6. Please follow directions given at the time for Communion. Please extend your hand for communion, not on the tongue.
We are now livestreaming our weekend Mass! It will be posted to Facebook so anyone who wishes to participate in our Weekend Mass will have access to the celebration held at St. John's!
We are in need of additional Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion and Lectors. This is an opportunity to serve the people of God. The sharing of our skills and talents with others is an important part of being a Christian. There will be a training for new Lectors on Wednesday, May 12 at 6:30 pm. New Eucharistic Ministers will be on Wednesday May 19th at 6:30 pm. Current Lectors and EM should also attend these nights at 7pm to be instructed on any changes and on Mass live streaming. Please contact Silvia Comfort to sign up.
We are also in need of Altar Servers. Anyone Jr. High age or older (including adults) is eligible. We also need someone to take over the the ministry as Servers Coordinator. If you are interested in becoming an altar server or take over as coordinator, please contact the Parish office.
See this weeks bulletin for more information about the Birthright Babybottle Campaign.
Lyn Corrigan has been our Parish Bloodmobile Coordinator for some time. She has asked that we seek a replacement for her. If you are interested in taking over this sservice, please contact the Parish office.
The Altar & Rosary End-of-Year Dinner will be held may 11th at 5:30pm in the Parish HallWe will be having pizza, salad, and drinks.Please RSVP to Donna Hall by May 9th if you plan to attend. Call or text (217)-871-8981. All ladies of St. John's Parish are welcome.
Mother's Day is May 9th and we are again offering our Mother's Day Novena of Nine Masses. The novena begins at 4pm on Saturday, May 8th. You may enroll your mother, living or deceased, or any other important women in your life. Cards an offering envelopes are available at the church entrances. We encourage you to take advantage of this special and unique way to honor ouor mothers.
Health Department Covid-19 vaccinations: Covid 19 vaccinations are NOW AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE AGES 18 AND UP at our mass vaccination locations in both DeWitt and Piatt counties. Due to the fact we receive Moderna vaccine, we can only accommodate ages 18 and up. Vaccinations are given by appointment only. To schedule an appointment go to www.dewittpiatthealth.com.
Please consider a subscription to the Catholic Post newspaper for all things going on in the Catholic community.
Readings for the week of May 9, 2021
- Sunday: Acts 10:25-26, 34-35, 44-48 / Ps 98:1, 2-3, 3-4 [cf. 2b] / 1 Jn 4:7-10 / Jn 15:9-17
- Monday: Acts 16:11-15 / Ps 149:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6a and 9b [cf. 4a] / Jn 15:26—16:4a
- Tuesday: Acts 16:22-34 / Ps 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8 [7c] / Jn 16:5-11
- Wednesday: Acts 17:15, 22—18:1 / Ps 148:1-2, 11-12, 13, 14 / Jn 16:12-15
- Thursday: Acts 18:1-8 / Ps 98:1, 2-3ab, 3cd-4 [cf. 2b] / Jn 16:16-20 Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20
- Friday: Acts 1:15-17, 20-26 / Ps 113:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8  / Jn 15:9-17
- Saturday: Acts 18:23-28 / Ps 47:2-3, 8-10, 10 [8a] / Jn 16:23b-28
- Next Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20 Seventh Sunday of Easter: Acts 1:15-17, 20a, 20c-26 / Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20 [19a] / 1 Jn 4:11-16 / Jn 17:11b-19