Weekend Mass Schedule
Saturday 4:00 PM
Sunday 8:30 AM
Weekday Mass Schedule
Monday 8:00 AM
Wednesday 8:00 AM
Third Friday of the Month 10:00 AM at Liberty Village Nursing Home
Baptism Parents must be registered members and attend a class prior to scheduling the Baptism. Contact the Parish Office for further details.
Marriage Couples planning a marriage need to have a personal interview with the Pastor at least 6 months prior to the date of the wedding.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Outreach Ministry Hours: Monday & Wednesday
9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Confessions will be heard Saturday at 3:30pm or by appointment.
St. John's church information:
Pastor-James P. Henning, O.F.M. Conv.
Deacons: Patrick Comfort and Scott Whitehouse
: emergency cell 309-838-3661
E-mail: [email protected]
Religious education-Sue Neuschwanger
Parish Secretary- Debbie Askins
Bulletin Secretary- Kathie Summers
Parish Trustees- Francis Jackson and Becky Wisher
PPC President- Bill Spencer
Please pray for the following:
Nursing Homes: Millie Frese, Sue Thompson
Prayers for the sick:
Kay Bailey, Connie Brown, Evan Calvert, Susan Cooper, Phyllis Fehr, Cornelia Harpenau, Roy Harrold, Bev Hartsock, Mary Hirsch, Penny Lecomte, Steve Lighthall, Mike Mannix, Tina Mannix, Joni Mollet, Melissa Nagy, Bill Sargent, Sharon Stephenson, Cale Wayne, Angie Walden, Rita Williams, Brett Willits, Florence Workman, Charles M. Yeagle, Veronica Zeitler.
Readings for the Week
Mass will once again be held with some restrictions listed under Important Information on this page.
Please note that in the Diocese of Peoria, the Solemnity of the Ascension has been permanently transfered to the 7th Sunday of Easter.
Please see the recent bulletin at the top of the home page (June6, 2021) for more information about this week, as well as readings from Father Jim.
Bishop Jenky has given permission for public Mass to resume. This is wonderful news but there will be some changes. Listed below are those things we will observe as we reopen our worship space. There is no change in the guidelines per the Diocese of Peoria.
1. Please feel free to return ONLY if you are well.
2. When entering the church please follow the guidance of the Ushers/Greeters. You may enter thru the main aisle only.
*seating will only be allowed in "open" pews. Limit of 5 people per pew, families may sit together.
3. As you enter the Church we ask you to please sanitize your hands. The Ushers will have sanitizer available and will put the sanitizer on your hands for you if you need them to do that.
4. Face masks will be available from the Ushers, or you may wear your own. Please do not judge if someone does not choose to wear a mask. Remember in all things charity.
5. Per guidelines issued by Peoria, there will be no Offertory Procession (there will be a collection take up by the Ushers), no Sign of Peace exchange, and no Communion from the Cup.
6. Please follow directions given at the time for Communion. Please extend your hand for communion, not on the tongue.
We are now livestreaming our weekend Mass! It will be posted to Facebook so anyone who wishes to participate in our Weekend Mass will have access to the celebration held at St. John's!
A new Parish sign will be coming to the corners of Monroe and Macon streets. It will give us the opportunity to advertise more efficiently the many activities of our Parish as well as stunning visual to proclaim our faith. Thank you to the very generous benefactors who are making this project possible.
Health Department Covid-19 vaccinations: Covid 19 vaccinations are NOW AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE AGES 18 AND UP at our mass vaccination locations in both DeWitt and Piatt counties. Due to the fact we receive Moderna vaccine, we can only accommodate ages 18 and up. Vaccinations are given by appointment only. To schedule an appointment go to www.dewittpiatthealth.com.
Please consider a subscription to the Catholic Post newspaper for all things going on in the Catholic community.
Readings for the week of July 25, 2021
- Sunday: 2 Kgs 4:42-44 / Ps 145:10-11, 15-16, 17-18 [cf. 16] / Eph 4:1-6 / Jn 6:1-15
- Monday: Ex 32:15-24, 30-34 / Ps 106:19-20, 21-22, 23 [1a] / Mt 13:31-35
- Tuesday: Ex 33:7-11; 34:5b-9, 28 / Ps 103:6-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12-13 [8a] / Mt 13:36-43
- Wednesday: Ex 34:29-35 / Ps 99:5, 6, 7, 9 [cf. 9c] / Mt 13:44-46
- Thursday: Ex 40:16-21, 34-38 / Ps 84:3, 4, 5-6a and 8a, 11  / Jn 11:19-27 or Lk 10:38-42
- Friday: Lv 23:1, 4-11, 15-16, 27, 34b-37 / Ps 81:3-4, 5-6, 10-11ab [2a] / Mt 13:54-58
- Saturday: Lv 25:1, 8-17 / Ps 67:2-3, 5, 7-8  / Mt 14:1-12
- Next Sunday: Ex 16:2-4, 12-15 / Ps 78:3-4, 23-24, 25, 54 [24b] / Eph 4:17, 20-24 / Jn 6:24-35