Weekend Mass Schedule
Saturday 4:00 PM
Sunday 8:30 AM
Weekday Mass Schedule
Monday 8:00 AM
Wednesday 8:00 AM
Third Friday of the Month 10:00 AM at Liberty Village Nursing Home
Baptism Parents must be registered members and attend a class prior to scheduling the Baptism. Contact the Parish Office for further details.
Marriage Couples planning a marriage need to have a personal interview with the Pastor at least 6 months prior to the date of the wedding.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Outreach Ministry Hours: Monday & Wednesday
9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Confessions will be heard Saturday at 3:30pm or by appointment.
St. John's church information:
Pastor-James P. Henning, O.F.M. Conv.
Deacons: Patrick Comfort and Scott Whitehouse
: emergency cell 309-838-3661
E-mail: [email protected]
Religious education-Sue Neuschwanger
Parish Secretary- Debbie Askins
Bulletin Secretary- Kathie Summers
Parish Trustees- Francis Jackson and Becky Wisher
PPC President- Bill Spencer
Please pray for the following:
Nursing Homes: Millie Frese, Sue Thompson
Prayers for the sick:
Kay Bailey, Connie Brown, Evan Calvert, Susan Cooper, Phyllis Fehr, Jean Fehrenbach, Cornelia Harpenau, Roy Harrold, Mary Hirsch, Penny Lecomte, Steve Lighthall, Tina Mannix, Joni Mollet, Melissa Nagy, Bill Sargent, Sharon Stephenson, Cale Wayne, Angie Walden, Rita Williams, Brett Willits, Charles M. Yeagle.
Readings for the Week
Mass will once again be held with some restrictions listed under Important Information on this page.
Divine Mercy Sunday:
This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad!
Please see the bulletin for last weeks Holy Week Services!
Please see the recent bulletin at the top of the home page (April 11, 2021) for more information about this week, as well as readings (see below), and important messages regarding: "Doubting Thomas", "Divine Mercy Sunday", "Easter Flower Memorials," and "Easter Thank You" from Father Jim.
Bishop Jenky has given permission for public Mass to resume. This is wonderful news but there will be some changes. Listed below are those things we will observe as we reopen our worship space.
1. Please feel free to return ONLY if you are well.
2. When entering the church please follow the guidance of the Ushers/Greeters. You may enter thru the main aisle only.
*seating will only be allowed in "open" pews. Limit of 5 people per pew, families may sit together.
3. As you enter the Church we ask you to please sanitize your hands. The Ushers will have sanitizer available and will put the sanitizer on your hands for you if you need them to do that.
4. Face masks will be available from the Ushers, or you may wear your own. Please do not judge if someone does not choose to wear a mask. Remember in all things charity.
5. Per guidelines issued by Peoria, there will be no Offertory Procession (there will be a collection take up by the Ushers), no Sign of Peace exchange, and no Communion from the Cup.
6. Please follow directions given at the time for Communion. Please extend your hand for communion, not on the tongue.
We are now livestreaming our weekend Mass! It will be posted to Facebook so anyone who wishes to participate in our Weekend Mass will have access to the celebration held at St. John's!
We are in need of additional Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion and Lectors. This is an opportunity to serve the people of God. The sharing of our skills and talents with others is an important part of being a Christian. There will be a training meeting at the end of April or May. Please contact Silvia Comfort to sign up.
The Altar and Rosary Society will be meeting on Thursday, April 15 th at 7pm in the Parish Hall. Please plan to attend as we will be discussing plans for the coming year.
Health Department Covid-19 vaccinations: Covid 19 vaccinations are NOW AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE AGES 18 AND UP at our mass vaccination locations in both DeWitt and Piatt counties. Due to the fact we receive Moderna vaccine, we can only accommodate ages 18 and up. Vaccinations are given by appointment only. To schedule an appointment go to www.dewittpiatthealth.com.
Please consider a subscription to the Catholic Post newspaper for all things going on in the Catholic community.
Readings for the week of April 11, 2021
- Sunday: Acts 4:32-35 / Ps 118:2-4, 13-15, 22-24  / 1 Jn 5:1-6 / Jn 20:19-3
- Monday: Acts 4:23-31 / Ps 2:1-3, 4-7a, 7b-9 [cf. 11d] / Jn 3:1-8
- Tuesday: Acts 4:32-37 / Ps 93:1ab, 1cd-2, 5 [1a] / Jn 3:7b-15
- Wednesday: Acts 5:17-26 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [7a] / Jn 3:16-21
- Thursday: Acts 5:27-33 / Ps 34:2 and 9, 17-18, 19-20 [7a] / Jn 3:31-36
- Friday: Acts 5:34-42 / Ps 27:1, 4, 13-14 [cf. 4abc] / Jn 6:1-15
- Saturday: Acts 6:1-7 / Ps 33:1-2, 4-5, 18-19  / Jn 6:16-21
- Next Sunday: Acts 3:13-15, 17-19 / Ps 4:2, 4, 7-8, 9 [7a] / 1 Jn 2:1-5a / Lk 24:35-48